This straightforward flag cake is a crowd-pleasing, scrumptious dessert that everybody will need extra of!
A young strawberry poke cake is topped with a creamy cheesecake impressed topping and recent summer season berries.
This gentle and ethereal cake is topped with berries to make both an American flag cake or a Candian flag. It’s as fairly as it’s scrumptious!
A Scrumptious Summer time Cake
- This can be a moist and simple cake to make any time of 12 months.
- Prime it off with recent berries or flip it right into a flag cake to your 4th of July picnic desk or Canada day celebration!
- It’s nice for celebrations as a result of it’s finest made forward of time.
- Let the youngsters assist embellish the flag in “stars and stripes” or for Canada Day, slice strawberries vertically to make leaves after which place them on the cake within the form of a maple leaf.
- This enjoyable cake recipe will probably be an annual summer season dessert go-to! Bake multiple and freeze them for as much as 6 weeks for future holidays and birthday celebrations!
Elements & Variations
Cake – The batter for this cake is simple from a boxed cake combine! Experiment with completely different muffins and Jello flavors. Yellow cake, Funfetti, or crimson velvet cake mixes might be paired with cherry, blueberry, or watermelon Jello.
Topping – The topping on this cake is a play on our favourite no bake cheesecake recipe.
To make it quicker, merely frost the cake with whipped topping or your favourite frosting. For the fruit, select strawberries which can be about the identical dimension so the ‘stripes’ are uniform throughout the highest of the cake.
Decorations – Traces of strawberries make crimson and white stripes. Use crimson licorice vines to make define the crimson stripe for the strawberries. Add silver or gold edible glitter to the highest or crimson, white, and blue sprinkles. Swap out the strawberries for rows of raspberries for those who’d like.
If making a Canadian flag, lower the strawberries prime to backside to make a triangular form. Use the picture above to create a maple leaf design and place strawberries alongside the edges of the cake to resemble a flag.
Methods to Make a Flag Cake
Making this cake is bound to turn into a part of each celebration!
- Bake cake based on bundle instructions in a 9×13 pan till a toothpick comes out clear.
- Cool the cake to room temperature & poke your complete cake with a fork or chopstick. Dissolve Jello in boiling water & stir in chilly water per the recipe beneath.
- Pour Jello over the cake. Cowl & refrigerate the cake for not less than 4 hours.
- Beat cream cheese & sugar till gentle & fluffy. Fold in whipped topping. Unfold over cake.
- Use the images as a information to embellish with berries or get inventive by yourself! Refrigerate 2 hours earlier than serving.
That is a straightforward make-ahead cake! Put together as much as step 3 and preserve refrigerated till able to frost.
Preserve flag cake coated and within the fridge for as much as 3 days. Freeze parts (after eradicating the berries) by gently wrapping them in plastic wrap after which placing the parts in a zippered bag. Pop one or two out and thaw within the fridge earlier than serving.
Simple Peasy Poke Truffles!
Did you make this Flag Cake for the 4th of July? Depart us a score and a remark beneath!
Flag Cake with Cream Cheese Topping
This festive Flag Cake topped with a cream cheese topping is the proper dessert to your 4th of July events!
Put together cake in a 9×13 pan based on bundle instructions. Cool and poke your complete cake with a fork.
Add 1 cup of boiling water to the jello combination and stir till all powder is dissolved. Stir in ½ cup chilly water. Gently pour over cake and refrigerate 4 hours.
Combine softened cream cheese and sugar till gentle and fluffy. Add whipped topping. Unfold over cake.
Create a blueberry rectangle within the prime left nook of the cake. Reduce strawberries in half and place in rows.
If making a Canadian flag, lower the strawberries from prime to backside to make a triangular form. Use the picture on this submit as a information to create a maple leaf form and place strawberries alongside the edges of the cake to resemble a flag.
Refrigerate for two hours earlier than serving.
Leftover cake might be stored within the fridge for as much as 3 days. Take away berries & freeze parts by wrapping them in plastic wrap after which placing the parts in a zippered bag. Thaw and serve.
Energy: 173 | Carbohydrates: 29g | Protein: 2g | Fats: 5g | Saturated Fats: 3g | Ldl cholesterol: 13mg | Sodium: 240mg | Potassium: 75mg | Sugar: 17g | Vitamin A: 170IU | Vitamin C: 15.4mg | Calcium: 79mg | Iron: 0.7mg
Vitamin info offered is an estimate and can range primarily based on cooking strategies and types of components used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content material and images are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is each inspired and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.