Boiled Corn on the Cob is a summertime staple, and with this methodology, it’s tremendous simple to organize. Tender, juicy, and candy.
Whether or not you chop the kernels off the corn, eat it in rows, or munch away randomly, corn on the cob with this traditional summer season facet is at all times a favourite with slightly butter and salt.
A Summertime Staple
- That is the right approach to take pleasure in a contemporary (or frozen) ear of corn.
- We love grilled corn however merely boiling corn makes the flavour of the candy corn shine.
- This methodology ensures excellent corn each time and it’s simple.
- No watching a boiling pot required, give attention to making juicy hamburgers, steak, or ribs!
- Corn is the entire goodness of summer season in a single chunk. Candy and buttery.
No Fancy Components Wanted
Whereas some recipes add sugar or milk to the water, I discover with contemporary candy corn it isn’t wanted.
Selecting Corn Cobs – In the summertime we head to farmers markets for one of the best corn!
To pick the freshest corn, guarantee they’ve vibrant inexperienced husks and the husks don’t appear dry or brown. There needs to be lots of silk that may be a golden shade and has a slight stickiness to it. Peel again a couple of leaves to make sure the corn is vibrant and contemporary inside.
Seasoning – We love salted butter (and slightly further salt) and pepper. Easy perfection.
Variations – Change up the seasoning by including contemporary herbs (like parsley or cilantro), a sprinkle of parmesan cheese, some chili powder, or strive herbed butter.
How Lengthy to Boil Corn on the Cob
That is a simple fix-it and forget-it methodology of cooking corn.
- Deliver a big pot of water to a boil.
- Use tongs so as to add the cobs to boiling water and allow them to boil for 4-5 minutes.
- Flip off the warmth and canopy, let the corn relaxation within the water for 5-6 minutes or as much as half-hour.
- Drain the corn and place the cobs again into the nice and cozy pot. Add butter (and even garlic butter) and salt & pepper to style.
All the time cook dinner slightly bit further so as to add to different recipes like fresh corn salad or Frito corn salad. In any other case, leftovers will be frozen. They may also hold within the fridge for as much as 4 days. To reheat add slightly water or butter to a pan, add the corn, then cook dinner till heated by. The cobs may also be heated up on the grill.
Greatest Methods to Cook dinner Corn
Did you make this Boiled Corn on the Cob? Go away a ranking and a remark under!
Simple Boiled Corn on the Cob
Boiled corn on the cob is a superb time-saver within the kitchen and it at all times comes out excellent!
Fill a big pot with water and convey to a boil.
Take away husks and silk from corn. Break cobs in half if desired.
As soon as water is boiling, add corn and boil for 4-5 minutes. Flip off the warmth and canopy.
Go away the corn within the scorching water for five minutes longer or as much as half-hour. Drain properly.
Place corn again into the nice and cozy pot, add butter, salt & pepper and toss to coat.
The tactic of letting the corn sit within the water (as an alternative of boiling) retains it juicy with out overcooking the kernels.
Minimize the cobs in half to suit right into a smaller pot or feed smaller apetites! Run a knife across the cob the place you’d like to interrupt it in half and grasp every finish.
Energy: 128 | Carbohydrates: 17g | Protein: 3g | Fats: 7g | Saturated Fats: 4g | Ldl cholesterol: 15mg | Sodium: 63mg | Potassium: 243mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 345IU | Vitamin C: 6.1mg | Iron: 0.5mg
Vitamin info supplied is an estimate and can differ primarily based on cooking strategies and types of substances used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content material and pictures are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is each inspired and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.